Sunday 6 November 2016

Crazy Birds Birthday Wishes

I just love these crazy birds... and playing with different materials and mediums.  This fun card was made by stamping the crazy birds with black Memento ink, and then covering them with masking fluid. From there, I used watercolours to create the rainbow background, dried the paint, and then rubbed off the masks.  I'm still playing with techniques with my Shinhan Touch Twin markers, so I used them to colour in the birds.  I couldn't believe how well the watercolours and markers worked together.  Lately, nothing has seemed complete without a little sparkle, so I gave my Shimmer Brush a good squeeze and then flicked it to create sparkly splatter all over.  I finished the card off by brushing shimmer across the banner.

These 4 x 8 1/2 cards are the perfect size to use for inserting gift certificates. They are easily made from 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock and fit in standard letter envelopes.


Products used in this project:
CTMH White Daisy and Fern Cardstock
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Grafix Incredible White Mask Liquid Frisket
CTMH Watercolour paints
CTMH Shinhan Touch Twin Markers
CTMH Shimmer Brush
D1529 Cricut Artiste Collection Birthday stamp

Until we craft again!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment