Saturday 11 February 2017

This was a special one!

So I have a special page to share with you today!  This past summer, we had the amazing opportunity to spend a month road tripping to Alberta and back.  I had hoped that I might be able to show my kids the northern lights for the first time - and I wasn't disappointed!  My son wouldn't let me take his picture sitting there watching them, but I SO wanted to record that moment!  Then, later, as I was doing one of my usual Pinterest binges, I found a beautiful card with a northern lights image, created with ink.  So - an idea was born... I started with a 12x12 sheet of White Daisy cardstock and various black, blue, green and yellow inks in front of me. Eventually, after a lot of sponging and getting ink everywhere... my special scrap page emerged...


I have to admit that minutes after I first started this page, I nearly gave up!! It just didn't look right. But I have a stubborn streak that decided to kick in at that moment, and I just kept layering ink, and eventually I realized that it was going to work out just the way I wanted!  I used my waterbrush to pick up some black ink and 'paint' in the trees.  After adding my photo, I added the stars, doodles and journaling with a Signo white gel pen.

I could watch the northern lights every night... they are just so beautiful!  I'm happy I was able to recreate their beauty with my paper and ink.

Until we scrap again,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment